19th March 2018 — meg breen
- state your point/ topic ( first sentence) – Simons narration is significant in ‘Disaster-chapter 5’
- Expand with relevant background detail- Simons narration is told through Joes perspective, however Simon validated Joes account as ” fair and correct”. Simons voice reveals that he resented Joes injury and that he felt justified in distancing himself from Joe.
- Examples (specific) – The text states”…..” The reader is told”….” Its revealed”…” The selected text tells us….
- Response (your response) – What does the reader learn? What does the reader think? visualise? feel? What connections can the reader make to other experiences or context. What is the overall purpose/message
- Example- The reader understands from this narration that Simon is calculating the value of his life against Joes. He also treats the situation logically and considers the odds of their survival, if Joe is assisted down the mountain. This presents an interesting reality about human nature. Should we risk our own lives for others? When does our relationship or commitment to a person end? Is it excusable to relinquish responsibility when we are endangered ourselves?
- You can include a cross- reference to a relevant situation,place time…